M.S., Transportation Engineering and Planning, Polytechnic University, 1977
B.S., Civil Engineering, Manhattan College, 1970
Dale Carnegie Leadership Training for Managers, 2000
Licensed Professional Engineer: New York (1975), New Jersey (1990)
American Public Works Association; Institute of Transportation Engineers;
NYS Society of Professional Engineers;
Previous – Sachem Building Leadership Team (Sachem North HS), Member and Facilitator (1994 – 1999);
Board of Directors Member
Past Chairman, Town of Brookhaven Transportation Advisory Board and Town of Babylon Traffic Safety Board
1994 Honored Member of Who’s Who in Executives and Professionals;1981 Brookhaven Town Board Certificate of Appreciation 1981
Mr. Saulino has noteworthy experience in the areas of municipal engineering and planning, transportation and traffic engineering, site engineering, environmental, utilities, construction inspection and construction management. His design and construction expertise includes highway/roadway and bridge reconstruction, building and site construction, and general municipal capital improvements. Mr. Saulino has directed planning, design, and construction inspection projects for such agencies as the NYSDOT, NYCDOT, NJDOT, NYSTA, NJHA, PANYNJ, NYCDDC, NYCSCA, NYCDEP, NYC Parks, DASNY, SUCF, Suffolk County, Nassau County, and numerous town and village municipalities on Long Island. He has provided expert witness testimony for traffic studies, traffic accidents, and Long Island development projects. Additionally, he has been actively involved in LI School District projects.
His experience combines ten years in the Public sector on Long Island with thirty years of NY metropolitan area Involvement with major engineering firms.
His Agency and Municipal experience has included Principal In Charge and Senior Management oversight of projects ranging from Community Development (parks, streetscape, buildings, housing development, sanitary) to sophisticated roadway and drainage improvements. He is intimately familiar with the functioning of Municipal Government and maintains astuteness relative to budgets, the timeliness of project completion and cost-effectiveness.
Relative to financial oversight, his expertise includes the development of and adherence to Business Plans, knowledge of financial project tracking and staff utilization (DELTEK and BST), and requiring Management monthly reporting and meeting reviews.
In a business development capacity he has developed procedures for proposals (Go/No Go), actively oversaw proposal preparation, prepared client marketing goals, and was hands on in the area of client development.
Previous Engineering employment:
- Hirani Group – Chief Operating Officer and Exec. VP (August 2004 – Dec 2010)
- H2M Group – Principal and Division Officer of Civil and Transportation Engineering
Feb. 1999 – Aug. 2004
- Maguire Group and LKMA Associates – President of Maguire Group A/E/P PC, Principal and CI/CM Officer of merged NY Maguire Group office with LKMA Associates,
July 1989 – Feb. 1999
- Baldwin & Cornelius PC – Principal , Sr. VP , and Chief Engineer
August 1980 – July 1989
- Town of Babylon, NY – Director of Engineering and Traffic Safety
July 1979 – July 1980
- New York State DOT – Senior Engineer (Traffic)
June 1970 – July 1979
Selected project experience as Principal in Charge, QA/QC Officer or Chief Engineer includes:
- QA/QC – site, civil, structural engineering for the TBTA Administration Building at the Marine Parkway Bridge; Note: Design Build Project.
- QA/QC reviews under NYSDOT Regional Design Service Agreement including the Constructability Review of the LIE HOV lane improvements, exit 32 to 40.
- Construction inspection of Phases I and II terminal roadway, parking improvements and QA/QC reviews for highway and traffic at the LI Islip-Macarthur Airport
- Community Development projects-Town of Brookhaven: housing development, building upgrades, street upgrading, parking lot renovations, drainage improvements and parks improvements.
- Nassau County DPW – Construction Management On-Call, Principal – In – Charge
- DASNY and SUCF – numerous site engineering, building structural, and general civil engineering projects in LI, NYC, and Westchester County. Design and Inspection
- NYCDDC – construction inspection projects in all Boroughs
- Site plan, environmental and traffic engineering oversight for the development of the Swezey department store building at the previous lace mill site in Patchogue for the Incorporated Village of Patchogue.
- Brushes Creek Bridge/CulvertCondition inspection, design and construction inspection – Town of Southold.
- Roadway reconstruction inspection of Larkfield Rd., Town of Huntington
- Town of Babylon recharge basin study for potential consolidation
- Village of Farmingdale Redevelopment Plan – GEIS and traffic study.
- Deer Lake Spillway Final Design – Suffolk County Department of Public Works.
- Roadway Design of Baldwin Streets – Town of Hempstead.
- NYSDOT – Regions 8, 10 & 11 – over 30 Construction Inspection and Design Projects
- Suffolk County DPW/Suffolk County Police Dept. – cell tower investigation and report for structures in Hauppauge and Yaphank
- INFORM improvements, variable message sign enhancements, temporary aerial communication linkages, traffic signal installations in Queens, Nassau and Suffolk Counties, NYSDOT – Region 10
- GEIS – Town of Southampton Planned Development District.
- Priority investigation studies of 200 high accident locations in Nassau and Suffolk Counties, and design study for six high accident locations in Nassau County, NYSDOT.
- NYCDDC, Manhattan Sidewalk Construction, CI; Principal – In – Charge.
- Culvert, drainage, sidewalk reconstruction, Wall Street, Town of Huntington.
- Study, design, inspection of sanitary sewers for the Inc. Village of Freeport.
- Riverhead FAUS safety investigation and improvements to intersections, final highway/traffic design, NYSDOT – Region 10.
- GEIS – Town of Southampton Planned Development District.
- Development of Requirement Contracts for the Town of Brookhaven relative to concrete construction (sidewalk, curb and foundations), and sanitary installations.
- Sanitary sewer evaluation study at Port Newark, Port Authority of NY/NJ.
- Farmingdale Street Program – $8 million rehabilitation – Design and inspection.
- Construction Management oversight for public agency projects inclusive of the PANYNJ, NYCDOT, MTA, NYCSCA, NYCDEP, NYSOGS, DASNY, and SUCF.
- Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) and Arterial IVS on the Southern State Parkway, Route 24, Queens, Nassau and Suffolk Counties, NYSDOT – Region 10.
- Civil engineering and construction management for the rehabilitation of schools for several Long Island School Districts.
- Preliminary and final design of the $75 million I-287 HOV Lane reconstruction project including full environmental assessment, highway widening of mainline, six major bridge structures, 30,000 LF of sound barrier, interchange lighting, communication system linkage, community coordination, and MPT Plans – NJDOT
- Fiber optic cable installation – Three phase $5.5 million installation via open cut trenching, jacking, and directional boring for a former division of AT&T, including permitting and approvals through the Suffolk County Department of Public Works.
- Town of Brookhaven Landfill, Suffolk Co. NY - Construction QA/QC Officer for several contracts including capping of the main landfill, construction and lining of new landfill cells, and construction of the Recycling Facility.
- Study of five (5) major high accident intersections – Nassau County Planning Dept.
- QA/QC reviews of traffic engineering plans at airports, bridges and tunnels in New York for the Port Authority of NY/NJ.
- August Road Culvert Design and Inspection – Town of Babylon.
- Final design of various streets for the Town of Hempstead and Village of Hempstead.
- NYCDEP, Newtown Creek Sewage Treatment Plant, CI; QA/QC.
- Bridge rehabilitation on Garden State Parkway, MP 97.6 to MP 135.7, NJHA.
- Traffic studies and designs for private development of shopping centers, housing, office buildings and industrial parks, including Greenway Plaza Office Park on CR 3, Roosevelt Raceway, Colonie Hill, Pergament, SYMS.
- Construction inspection for the painting of 22 bridge structures and pedestrian safety fencing for 27 bridges on Long Island, NYSDOT – Region 10.
- Expert traffic engineering testimony for town/village boards, planning and zoning boards, boards of appeals of the Towns of Hempstead, Oyster Bay, Babylon, Huntington, Islip, Smithtown, Brookhaven, Southampton, and Villages of Freeport, Hempstead, Patchogue.
- QA/QC reviews for CR 80 in Patchogue, Suffolk County Department of Public Works
- Final design on various highway improvements including the resurfacing of the Garden State Parkway, MP31 to MP38, NJHA.
- Initial Planning Proposals (IPP) for highway improvements for the Town of Huntington, Babylon, Islip, Brookhaven, Riverhead and East Hampton.
- Reconstruction and construction inspection of Route 25A, Randall Road to William Floyd Parkway; NYSDOT – Region 10.
- Reconstruction of Smithtown Avenue Bridge, NYSDOT. Reconstruction of Uniondale Avenue, Nassau County, and traffic signal requirements contract, NYSDOT – Region 10.
- Reconstruction of Rockaway Boulevard and Ditmars Boulevard in Queens County; East 180th Street and Fox Street in Bronx County, NYCDOT.
- Project initiation reports for the Towns of Hempstead, Huntington and East Hampton for funding opportunities, NYSDOT – Region 10.
- Single (widower), two grown children
- 6’0”, 210 lbs, in good health
- Interests – sports fan enthusiast (baseball, football, basketball, hockey), golf, restaurants, plays, movies, published author (ATHLETE FOR HIRE and “8” CENTERFIELD IN NEW YORK, 1951 – 1957), copyrighted creative publications
- Address; 152 Ridgewood Avenue, Farmingville NY 11738
- Business Phone; 631 320-1004; fax 631 320-1005
- Cell Phone; 631 880 – 1430 ; Home Phone ; 631 698-8056
- e-mail; lousaulino@yahoo. com; www.loucreativeinc.com