February 4, 2018
By Lou Saulino
Forget About Fly Eagles Fly
“Gronk” is a GO so forget about Fly Eagles Fly, it will be P-A-T-S, PATS, PATS, PATS!!!
Apologies to the fans of the J-E-T-S, JETS, JETS, JETS for stealing their chant. Lol.
As a die-hard fan of Big Blue, sharing the animosity of the verdant and white toward their AFC East rival, the New England Patriots is non-existent. We beat those guys twice in the Super Bowl over the last 10 years. The Pats have nothing on the Giants. The Philadelphia Eagles on the other hand warrant such acrimony. Hell, I was at the “Miracle at the Meadowlands” fiasco in 1978 and had Herman Edwards scampering towards my end zone after the Joe Pisarcik asinine muffed hand-off.
New England Patrios Are The Locial Choice For Super Bowl LII
Rooting interests aside, the Patriots over the Eagles is the logical choice for Super Bowl LII. Here are five reasons why.
- As identified in the opening paragraph, Rob Gronkowski is anticipated to be in the lineup. “Gronk” will don his New England Patriot white jersey with blue borders and lettering and the blue #87 outlined in red. His presence affords Tom Brady with an invaluable weapon as a receiver and the big guy is also a stalwart in the running game.
- C’mon now, just focus on the guys leading their respective teams behind the center. Nick Foles is deserving of praise but to think that he can pull off the type of Super Bowl performance of the NY Giants replacement for Phil Simms, Jeff Hostetler, in Super Bowl XXV, is far-fetched. Brady is arguably the best ever and besides he has the added incentive of that AH from WEEI in Boston who called his daughter an “annoying little pissant.” Figure Brady for over 26 completions, on the high side of 300 yards and three TD passes.
- Bill Belichick with two weeks to prepare is cause for the Eagles to have nightmares. Furthermore, his two lieutenants, Offensive Coordinator, Josh McDaniels, on his way to leading the Colts, and Detroit Lions bound Defensive Coordinator, Matt Patricia, are seeking to add to their resumes before exiting New England.
- I had mentioned Gronk as a big plus for the Pats. The guy from Philly, Zack Ertz, ain’t bad either. I believe that Belichick and Patricia will focus on Ertz and ensure that schemes which minimize his impact are in place.
- Most importantly my female golden retriever, Sloopy, likes the Pats 31 – 20. That’s good enough for me.
Enjoy the game and try and compete with me on www.statementgames.com!